St Peters Lutheran College is a Prep to Year 12 co-educational day and boarding school providing a quality balanced education in a caring environment underpinned by strong Christian values.
The school has a strong history of excellent Curricular and Co-curricular pathways including outstanding Music programs with a proud tradition of success at a school, national and international level. Our Music Program facilitates over 700 individual music lessons per week and features 40+ ensembles. Our Strings Program runs from Primary (year 1) through to Year 12.
We are seeking a Peripatetic Violin/Viola Tutor to work with St Peters College students (year 5 -12) for individual lessons (tutor to invoice parents) with the College providing rooms and resources. The tutor would be required to have availability during and either before or after school hours for individual lessons, in addition to potentially being engaged for services in other programs/events for the College.
- You possess a diverse range of professional teaching skills including a BMus and AMusA qualification or equivalent.
- You are a highly skilled, engaging and innovative individual who is passionate about motivating students to reach their full potential.
- Proven record of preparing students for all levels of music examinations.
- You are highly organised, with exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- You can successfully develop and maintain positive relationships with students, parents and College staff.
- You are skilled at adapting your teaching style and tailoring learning to the needs of individual students.
- You value contributing to diverse and inclusive communities and accept the responsibility to uphold the Christian Ethos, including core values of care, dignity & respect.
- You are established as an Independent Contractor and can provide relevant documentation including Blue Card or Queensland Teacher Registration, ABN, Public Liability and Professional Indemnity insurance details.
Please address the following points in your application:
- Teaching style - describe your teaching style and how you engage, inspire and help students to reach their full potential
- Outline the process used to prepare students for AMEB/Trinity exams including any extra educational tools used to enhance learning
Closing date for applications is 21 January 2019.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Katie Ames on 07 3377 6909, quoting Ref No. 837577.