We are a large independent College with a mission of “Excellence in Christian Co-education” ensuring Every Child Learns, Every Day.
With 2500 Prep to Year 12 students across two Colleges and an iconic outdoor education centre, Ironbark, our employee community need to collaborate across multiple stakeholders to create results. We ask our students and employees to embrace our motto of ‘Plus Ultra’ and contribute to Challenging Minds | Nurturing Hearts | Building Futures.
Reporting to the Director of People & Culture, this position requires the Assistant to manage two broad responsibilities. As a result, the outcomes align with the St Peters College Strategy and People & Culture Strategy. This position has arisen due to one of team members pursuing a career in teaching and its a great opportunity to join a cohesive and positive team with a progressive strategy.
Predominantly, the Assistant partners with a People & Culture Adviser to support the resourcing and employee experience life cycles for designated client groups. Together with a peer Assistant, the ‘first point of contact’ queries are managed in a way that positively shapes the employee experience and College outcomes. In addition, this position works with Payroll every 6 weeks to support the Payroll team and continuously improve what we do.
This position will suit a candidate with existing HR Assistant experience and wants to continue to develop their experience and skills including Payroll and project work. Alternatively, you are an experienced Payroll officer yearning to transition to HR and have the interpersonal capabilities and technical knowledge to do so. You are committed to your current career phase as a valuable Assistant and have a drive to further your HR career in the next 2-5 years.
- You have experience working in a HR and/or Payroll function and have been accountable for coordinating a range of resourcing and employee lifecycle processes.
- You care about the experience others have with you and your team and the outcomes that result – you deliver quality outcomes in ‘what’ you do and you have actively developed your interpersonal skills to improve ‘how’ you go about it.
- You build trust, respect and professional relationships
- Experience with data entry, drafting standard letters, contracts and managing queries face to face, phone and/or email
- You find the value and purposes in process and look beyond the task itself to connect the dots and proactively flag trends, opportunities and risk and anticipate the next step
- Detail is your strength – you provide quality, timely and accurate data entry
- Your ability to organise yourself and others is phenomenal
- Managing competing priorities and time frames is a forte along with developed communication skills
- You can navigate software such as the MS office suites like a pro
- You are familiar with basic Human Resources, Fair Work Act and ER/IR principles
- Relevant educational experience completed or underway or in-depth relevant HR career experience
- Experience to date does include organisations with matrix or multiple stakeholder working relationships
- You are open to coaching and learning
This is a wonderful opportunity to join a meaningful organisation and contribute to our future generations.
Applicants are expected to actively support the Christian ethos. Working with Children Blue card is essential.
This position is a full-time position, all year and usual operating hours are 8am-4.00pm. Based at Indooroopilly with travel to other sites and attending out of hours meetings from time-time.
Agency applications are respectfully not able to be accepted.