We are seeking a Peripatetic Tutor(s) - Woodwind (flute, single reed)/percussion and or Brass/percussion Tutor to work with St Peters College students for individual lessons (paid for by parents) with the College providing rooms, resources and scheduling support. The tutor would be required to have availability before, during and after school hours for individual lessons, and willing to work in both group and individual format.
- You are a highly skilled, engaging and innovative individual who is passionate about motivating students to reach their full potential
- Experienced and qualified to an elementary/advancing standard of Woodwind/Brass/Percussion
- You exemplify care, dignity and respect, delivered through high personal accountability for professional workplace conduct.
- You are skilled at adapting your teaching style and tailoring learning to the needs of individual students You value contributing to diverse and inclusive communities and accept the responsibility to uphold the Christian Ethos, including core values of care, dignity & respect.
- You are established as an Independent Contractor and can provide relevant documentation including ABN, Public Liability and Professional Indemnity insurance details
- A current Blue Card is required for this position, application can be made online bluecard.qld.gov.au.
Tutor(s) will be required to teach 1 X 45 min lesson in Year 5 Music Education Through Band programme, in co-operation with classroom music teacher (during Semester 1 only), and conduct 1 X 30 min band rehearsal. There is approximately 1 day of private tuition currently attached to this position.
Please include a brief overview of relevant qualifications and experience, and contact details of two professional referees.
To commence February Term 1 - 2019
Questions regarding this position can be addressed to Sally Grennan (Music Teacher) S.Grennan@stpeters.qld.edu.au. Please note our college will be closed from 24 December 2018 to Friday 4 January 2019.
Application Close 16 January 2019.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Katie Ames on (07) 3377 6909, quoting Ref No. 840723.