We are a large independent College with a mission of “Excellence in Christian Co-education” ensuring Every Child Learns, Every Day.
With 2500 Prep to Year 12 students across two Colleges and an iconic outdoor education centre, Ironbark, our employee community need to collaborate across multiple stakeholders to create results. We ask our students and employees to embrace our motto of ‘Plus Ultra’ and contribute to Challenging Minds | Nurturing Hearts | Building Futures.
We are seeking an enthusiastic full time Helpdesk Support Officer to join our IT team on a contract for the remainder of 2019.
Our Indooroopilly School has approximately 450 employees and 2,100 students from Prep to Year 12. Our Springfield school and Ironbark outdoor facility will also be occasionally supported through this role.
This is an opportunity for early career IT professionals, with a customer service and problem-solving orientation. The successful applicant will use existing foundational IT training (or experience) with on the job development - learning from experienced team members and being prepared to contribute new ideas.
- You have excellent customer service skills, both in person and on the telephone, with an ability to connect with varying customer groups (staff, students, parents, volunteers)
- You possess highly developed organisational skills.
- You are able to learn quickly and adapt in an ever-changing technology environment.
- You can demonstrate your conceptual, analytical and research skills.
- You are able to follow simple and direct instructions and work autonomously.
- Your mindset of being prepared to work on a range of tasks, focusing on outcomes needed.
- You have an understanding and knowledge of computers and computer software, particularly the Windows, Mac and iOS platforms.
- You have working knowledge of MS Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, Office 365 and Google Apps.
- You have an understanding of desktop and laptop imaging processes.
- You are adaptable and able to work effectively as a member of a cohesive IT team, and to contribute effectively
- Working with multiple stakeholders and collaborating across teams is motivating. Further, you demonstrate effective communication and solutions orientation within this environment
- You identify with St Peter’s professional behaviours of trust, accountability, unconditional positive regard and open communication and feedback and apply these in all that you do
- You value contributing to diverse and inclusive communities and accept the responsibility to uphold the Christian Ethos, including core values of care, dignity & respect.
Customer service orientation is an essential requirement. Technical skills are valued and only needed to the working level as described. You will require a driver’s license and be able to manually move equipment onsite.
The successful candidate will need to hold or be eligible to obtain a Blue Card.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter via the link provided. If you have any questions, please contact Katie Ames on 07 3377 6909.
Applications close Friday, 28 June 2019.
Agency applications are respectfully declined.