- Incredible opportunity for a passionate Faith and Mission focused teacher!
- POL 4, $11,921 allowance
- Full time, fixed term with a 20 period time allowance (0.84 of the full load)
- Commences ASAP - 27 January 2022 parental leave cover
Sacred Heart College is a proud, dynamic, high performing school community with strong traditions, a rich history and a deep sense of community and welcome. Our Catholic identity is best exemplified through a program of education that encourages students and staff to pursue the Mercy values of compassion, justice, respect, hospitality, service and courage. The Sacred Heart Way is identified through actions that uphold and advance Catherine McAuley’s vision of the lived Gospel, which is at the heart of our community.
Strategy 2021 and Beyond articulates our vision of educating girls in the Mercy tradition to make a difference in our changing world. Key elements of the strategy focus on opportunities to reimagine learning that enables members of our school community to be creative, self-directed and critical thinkers, who are inspired to learn, whose natural inquisitiveness is nurtured and who strive for excellence.
This position blends two existing POL's to create a well rounded and in depth insight into the understanding and appreciation of the benefits of providing a Catholic Education. The role will lead the assessment, promotion and integration of the mission and values of the Catholic Faith and Mercy Ethos into all aspects of College life.
Through the development of current and new initiatives, the primary purpose of the position is to develop and promote a culture that reflects:
- Vision and Planning for Catholic Faith and Mercy Ethos
- Sacred Heart College’s Faith practices and Mercy traditions
- a connection for our community to our Catholic traditions and Mercy story
- the importance of Works of Mercy for the College community
- the importance symbols, rituals and spiritual development for the College community
- An enhanced Catholic Identity, fostering the Religious Education, faith and spiritual development of staff, students, parents and the wider College community
In addition to shaping the College’s broader priorities, the Faith and Mission Animation Coordinator will advance the following priorities and work to develop new initiatives that support the Mercy Ethos within the College and wider community:
You are selfless in your commitment to community and inspire others to action. An exceptional role model for young people, you strive to develop their sense of social justice and awareness of the rituals that animate our faith.
You are an exceptional communicator, able to competently collaborate with others to develop initiatives that support a modern and reflective approach to the Mercy Ethos and our Catholic Identity.
Adopting an agile approach to innovation, change and improvement, you confidently encourage the same of those around you. The Key selection criteria is as below;
- Tertiary qualifications in Education or equivalent with evidence of continuous learning and post-graduate study
- Experience in a faith-based setting
- Previous experience in school leadership (POL 3 or 4)
- Accreditation to Teach Religious Education in a Catholic School
- Must hold current VIT Registration OR Working With Children Check and National Police Records Check
- Understanding of Mercy traditions
- Experience in managing projects and resources
- Qualification in Positive Psychology in Education
Applications must include:
- a cover letter addressing the selection criteria above, and
- a resume,
and can be addressed to Ms Anna Negro, Principal.
Please note; Candidates viewing this advertisement on external websites such as Seek must visit the advertisement on the College website to access the position description and attachments.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE 9.00am Monday 19 April 2021
Sacred Heart College promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all students