Thank you for your interest in a position at Sacred Heart College. In order to ensure the process is as smooth as possible, please carefully read and consider the following information when preparing your application.
To be considered for positions at the College, applications must be submitted electronically via the College employment page, be received by the nominated closing time and date, and include the following documents:
Applications can be addressed to Anna Negro, Principal.
- A cover letter, specifically addressing the criteria for success where applicable. It is important that you demonstrate clear links between these criteria and your skills, knowledge and qualifications
- A resume
- An application for employment form
The contact details of two work related referees must be included with your application. One must be a direct supervisor and one from a current employer. Written references are not required.
Timeframes for the recruitment process
We will usually contact those shortlisted for an interview by phone, and those not shortlisted will receive an email within four weeks of the date of application. Please note that only those shortlisted for interview will receive feedback on their application (if requested) in the event they are unsuccessful.
Interviews are usually 45-50 minutes in duration, and consist of 2-3 panel members. You will be notified at the time of scheduling as to the composition of your interview panel.
At the conclusion of your interview, you will be advised as to the expected timeframe for notification of outcomes.
Successful applicants will be required to verify and submit the following prior to commencement:
Qualifications - original or certified copies.
100 points of ID – original or certified copies. Human Resources will advise as to the 100 point criteria.
Eligibility to work in Australia - presentation of visa information and passports where required.
VIT – teachers will need to advise of their VIT number.
Working with Children Check – all non teaching staff are required to hold an Employee WWCC. Employment cannot commence until a person has passed an Employee Check.
Police Check – all non teaching staff are required to pass a police check (no more than 3 months old). A new check is required every 5 years. Employment cannot commence until a person has passed a Police Check.
In applying for a position at Sacred Heart College, you agree to the following:
- Accept the Catholic education philosophy of the College
- Develop and maintain an adequate understanding of those aspects of Catholic teaching that touch upon each employees subject areas and other aspects of his or her work
- By your counselling, teaching and other work, and by personal example, strive to help students to understand, accept and appreciate Catholic teaching and values
- Comply with the accreditation policy of the CECV to teach in a Catholic school
- Be committed to regular and ongoing professional development, and participate in an appraisal process
- Be qualified as required by State Authorities including the VIT (teaching staff) and hold a current Working with Children check and Police Check (non-teaching staff).
- Uphold a zero tolerance attitude towards child abuse, and maintain a culture of child safety.
- Uphold a commitment to ensure cultural safety for Aboriginal children and children from culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds, and to providing a safe environment for children with a disability.
- Comply with the College's policies and procedures including the Mercy Education Code of Conduct and Safeguarding Children and Young People Code of Conduct.
- Demonstrating commitment to Catholic education and to the safety and wellbeing of children.
- That you possess the skills and abilities necessary to fulfil the relevant position.
- That you are appropriately qualified, demonstrate enthusiasm and where required, are able to provide care and support for students and its environment. In the case of teaching roles, candidates must have the ability to deliver the appropriate curriculum to a range of educational abilities whilst supporting and respecting the ethos of the College
- All applications are stored in accordance with the College’s Employment Collection Notice