About our Organisation
Harvey Fresh is a Western Australian leader in both the dairy and juice markets and is a wholly owned subsidiary of Parmalat Australia Pty Ltd.
Parmalat Australia has established market leadership through the development of iconic brands such as IceBreak, Breaka, Pauls, oak and Vaalia. Our business continues to experience strong growth and has clear direction as it advances into the future.
We are a growing global company that takes great pride in who we are. We are humble, proud and resilient. Our brands, people and know how define who we are.
We provide a workplace that delivers the opportunity to drive your development, and believe that true success comes from us.
Collaboration, flexibility and diversity are pillars of our environment. With knowledge and experience we encourage you to make a difference!
About this Opportunity
Based in Harvey, Western Australia (140km south of Perth), this permanent full time position will appeal to a highly motivated and experienced Maintenance Purchasing Officer to complement the existing team.
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, your role will be to purchase the materials required by the Maintenance department to perform routine & preventative maintenance according to specified quantity, quality and cost requirements, to ensure that factory continues to produce.
More specifically, your duties will include (but not limited to):
- Purchase all materials required by the Maintenance team or as directed by your Manager, from approved suppliers for the best price and delivered within the required timeframe.
- Liaise with Maintenance Planner to ensure all spare parts are available for all planned maintenance work.
- Putting parts away into the Stores and maintaining it in accordance with good manufacturing practices.
- Maintain programs for vendor analysis and cost reduction thereby improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the procurement process.
- Monitoring suppliers and assisting with the coordination of the organisations’ inventory control activities to ensure that accurate quantities of stock are purchased at the correct price and delivered within specified timeframes.
- Placing orders with vendors as required.
- Prepare purchase orders in accordance with approved procedures.
To succeed in this role the following knowledge and skills are required:
- Experience in a purchasing environment in a similar role;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong ability to problem solve and good analytical ability;
- Expert ability to build effective internal and external relationships;
- Previous experience in SAP is highly regarded;
- Specific knowledge and understanding of maintenance spares within a manufacturing environment will be highly regarded.
Parmalat encourages and supports a safe learning environment to give you the opportunity for a successful and rewarding career with us. A competitive remuneration package is on offer for the successful candidate.